Can I Import a Check Mark Field?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Bert Leithold
    Participant

Brendon, I am almost done scrubbing all my data before final import to Tap Forms, as it appears easier to do mass changes outside of Tap Forms for now. I have played with Import Records extensively figuring out the best options for what I’m trying to accomplish. The trick I found in the online manual to specify “Mac OS Roman” on file encoding for we Mac users — well, that got me over a huge hump trying to identify hundreds of scattered records that were not importing and why.

Hopefully my last question on import: Is there a way to import a “Check Mark Field”? From my testing, I don’t think so, but wanted to ask before I throw in the towel. I have several columns (with nearly 3K rows) in XLSX files that have a single character when it’s effectively “checked”, so if there is an automated way to do this and use the easier Check Mark capabilities in Tap Forms, it would be great. If I specify the field as a “Check Mark Field”, all of those fields come in as blank via CSV or TXT, regardless of what’s in the source field. I know I can’t have them as Text and try to switch to a Check Mark Field later per your online instructions (and my trying it too).

Thanks Again! Bert

June 19, 2015 at 7:37 AM #14042

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bert,

Yes you can import a Check Mark field. Just use 0 for no and 1 for yes.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.