Calculations

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Dogfish120
    Participant

Hi, just downloaded app for iPad. Want to make a DB to track my running. What is the syntax for taking value sin the form and performing a math operation on it such as converting mileage and time to mph? Also, I would like to keep a running total of miles runs.

September 7, 2011 at 11:56 PM #4777

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dogfish,

You can create a Calculation field which combines your mileage and time (although your Time should be a Number field until I get the next update out which includes Time field support in the calc field formula) to create your MPH value. You’d have to just enter the formula yourself though. There’s no specific conversion routines built-in for that.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM #4778

Dogfish120
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! So I type something like miles field/hours field to get mph? Running total (pun intended) can be the current mileage + previous mileage entry?

September 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM #4779

Brendan
    Keymaster

Actually you can’t grab the previous mileage entry, only values from other fields in the current record are supported. But what you can do is ask Tap Forms to total the values of a specific field in your form and display it at the bottom of the list view. You can set the form’s calculation field and calculation type on the Edit Form screen.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 8, 2011 at 12:24 AM #4780

Dogfish120
    Participant

Is this described anywhere? The help I downloaded did not appear to offer this much detail.

Thanks again.

September 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM #4781

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven’t updated the manual in too long. I should be able to make updates to the manual soon. Or at least make some tutorial videos. I have been working a full-time day job the past 13 years and just this past week I left it to work on Tap Forms and other iOS development work full time. So I should have more time for this sort of thing going forward.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have about anything in Tap Forms though.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 8, 2011 at 2:03 AM #4782

Dogfish120
    Participant

Await updated manual.

September 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM #4783

lgol27
    Participant

That’s good that you jumped the shark. Good luck!

September 8, 2011 at 10:36 PM #4800

Dogfish120
    Participant

Now that I worked with it a little bit, I can 99% of what I want. Really easy to use. Great program. Will likely get the iPhone version.

Suggestions beyond the running totals on the forms.

Side by side fields on forms

Assign # of places to the right of the decimal

Search for max and min

Keep up the good work.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.