Calculation Row in linked forms

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

I’m confused, apparently, about how to show a calculation result in the footer of a linked form list on a parent record layout.

I have a medical statement form linked (one to many) with a form for the line items. The line items have an “Amount owed” field. This field is set up as the calculation field for that form to produce a total. When viewing records in the child form, the total of amounts owed is displayed as expected.

When those same records are displayed in the linked list of the parent record, I can display the calculation row, but there is nothing in it. See the screen shot.

So, my questions: am I on the right track? How do I make it work?

Thanks….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 17, 2015 at 8:14 PM #15266

Brendan
    Keymaster

It should show there. Try adjusting the width of the column. Do you have the Summary Calculation property set for that field?

November 17, 2015 at 8:41 PM #15267

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Okay, now I see that there are two places where you can set a field up for calculation.

I had set the “Amount owed” field as the calculated field in the Form properties. I guess that only controls the list view for that form.

I didn’t realize that when you clicked on the field in the Fields list that there are also controls in the Field Options to set it up as a calculated field. Once I set it up there as well, the total is showing in the parent form as I wanted.

Thanks.

November 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM #15269

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, on the single-column list view, there’s a calculation field at the bottom of the list of records. The Form level Calculation property controls which field will display there. You can click on that popup button to change it too. Then there’s the individual ones for each field. You can also easily control those on the multi-column list view by clicking on any of the popup buttons when you have the Calculations Summary Row being displayed.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 6, 2016 at 2:58 PM #15587

Ron
    Participant

I am having a similar issue.

Vehicle is the parent record with a one to many Service records. The service record has a Cost column which is selected as a ‘Summary Calculation’ in the field properties panel.

On the parent record the list of linked records includes the Cost column but the total is not displayed. What am I missing?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 6, 2016 at 3:18 PM #15589

Ron
    Participant

Disregard the previous. Not sure what happened but now the total shows on the linked listing.

January 6, 2016 at 7:27 PM #15591

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

The trick is to click on the Sigma button to show the summary calculations row.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.