Calculation question – over linked fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Calculation question – over linked fields

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

xavipi
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new here and new with TapForm ;) (i come from bento)
    I have a question about using fields calculation.

Is it possible to calculate values from linked fields? or put literal values from this linked fields?
    For example:
    I have a form called Projects. There i have fields like project name, Hours worked, Amount and a linked field called time billing.
    Time billing is really an other form where i put hours when i begin a job, hours when i finish, a calculated field to know time worked, and a description.

I Want to know how can i catch amount values of total hours worked and put this value in Hours worked field of ‘Projects’ form.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Xavi

September 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM #6767

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Xavi,

This is possible. All you need to do is edit your linked form, set the Calculation for the form (Total, Average, Minimum, or Maximum). Then when you’ve done that, your linked field that references that form will show the calculation result just for the subset of records that you’ve linked to the parent record.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM #6775

xavipi
    Participant

Hello again Brendan,

Thanks for your answer ;)

Yes, yes it’s helpful and i see it (in fact i read about it in a previous post asked by other user)
    But not’s exactly what i need.

In my form ‘Projects’ i have more calculation fields… with percentages, final price…. Those calculations are based in the result of total worked hours.
    Solution you provided help me to see that amount and put it manually in the master form ‘PROJECTS’… but if i do more tasks it would be helpful to auto actualize my total worked hours.

I use this calculation method in 99% of my database…
    I have other forms to calculate print prices: Master form with Print projects which acquires data from other forms where i have a list of paper models and their own price per box and per sheet, other linked forms with ink/toner prices…
    Then i can calculate print cost and apply profit percentage.

Apologies for the inconveniences

Thanks for all

Xavi

October 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM #6814

xavipi
    Participant

hi brendan did you seen my last message?
    Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.