Calculation IF Statement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Eddzo
    Participant

Goal: Create a calculation that will use this formula IF this Value is Selected in a drop down box.

Notes: Electrical Formula for figuring Amperage,
    Single Phase Systems: (VA*1000) / Volt = Amps
    Three Phase Systems: (VA*1000) / Volts * 1.73 = Amps

So if in my line I select Three Phase, Tap Forms will grab the 3 phase calculation…. Or if I select Single Phase it will pull the values from the form and use the single phase calculation.

Is this possible?

August 19, 2017 at 12:11 AM #24064

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Eddzo,

I moved your question to the Using Tap Forms forum because you posted it in the Template Exchange.

You could maybe do something like:

IFEQUAL([Phase], "Single Phase", ([VA]*1000) / [Volt], ([VA]*1000) / [Volts] * 1.73)

Where [Phase] is the field that contains the value from the Pick List. In this situation, it would work if there were only 2 choices (“Three Phase” and whatever else).

However, the IFEQUAL() function isn’t available until the next update.

If you want to try it now, then you could use the IF function, but that only works with numeric data in the condition parameter.

IF([Phase] = 1, ([VA]*1000) / [Volt], ([VA]*1000) / [Volts] * 1.73)

So your Phase field would contain the value 1 or 3 depending on if it’s a Single Phase System or a Three Phase System.

Please note that the [] around the field names just represent a field. On the Mac version it will be a blue pill button of sorts. On iOS the field names will actually be surrounded by [].

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.