Bug?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

I have both the iPhone and iPad versions.

On the iPhone, in a Record, I can tap on the Picklist icon and make a choice. Then, I can tap to the left of the Picklist icon. This opens a new page that has a field with the text from the Piclist, which I can then edit.

On the iPad, tapping to the left of the Picklist does nothing.

Editing the text after making a Picklist choice was something I was depending on. So, is the difference in behavior intentional or a bug? If it’s a bug, which of these behaviors is the intended one?

May 21, 2016 at 1:10 PM #16848

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the iPad version. Now some of the fields can be tapped and edited and some cannot. The ones that have text that that can be edited have darker text and the ones that cannot have text that is faded in the typical way of saying that this option isn’t available.

May 21, 2016 at 2:39 PM #16850

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Update 2: I found it.

The reinstall had nothing to do with changing this behavior. I had made changes but never backed out and re-entered the record so that it would update.

On the iPad, if a Picklist is set to MultiSelect, it is uneditable on a record. Switching back and forth between the two settings changes the behavior.

I’d like to be able to edit the field after Picklist selections were made, whether it be Single or Multi select on both the iPhone and iPad.

I hope this is a bug.

May 21, 2016 at 7:28 PM #16855

Brendan
    Keymaster

It’s not a bug. It’s the way I built it. The iPad displays and edits the data in the same space. The iPhone version transitions to a new view to let you edit the value. For a single-select Pick List, you can tap directly on the field to edit its value because there’s a one line edit field that is displayed. The reason that doesn’t work for a multi-select Pick List is mostly just a technical reason (that I don’t want to bore you with the details of) so that’s why I disabled editing in place on the iPad version for multi-select Pick Lists.

May 21, 2016 at 9:01 PM #16856

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Even though, on the iPhone, it’s a single small edit field in the new view? Seems the same to me, but Ok. That’s unfortunate.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.