Bug calc only once

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

missed that before because I only tested +. And assumed every other math would work also but….
    the minus – in the formula result in no calculation at all… or in an immediate calc resulting 0 (i.e. 0-0=0)

see tfarc

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM #27004

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah I see. It’s not calculating because the value is already 0 for the Calculation field. Tap Forms is detecting if there’s any value at all, even 0 and it’s deciding not to compute it.

But it doesn’t really make too much sense to use it for regular math. It only makes sense to use it when working with UUID(), NOW(), and TODAY() functions to prevent Tap Forms from getting new values for those functions.

January 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM #27007

Leo
    Participant

Nope,

just make a new record and you will see that the 0 is put there instance because of the calculation formula. And then set the minus to plus and check it again.

Sure it make sense, I want to prevent a 2000 record from recalculating every time. That and to prevent changing records after entering the data for bookkeeping purposes.

Hope this makes sense :-)

January 16, 2018 at 5:22 PM #27012

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah ok. That does make sense.

I’ll investigate that further then. It’s probably executing the calculation while it loops through the fields setting up all the default values.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.