Bento iPhone to Tapforms?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

rickyrikki
    Participant

Is there any way to get Bento data out of my iPhone and either into Tapforms or to a spreadsheet? I have no access to a MAC so I can’t take advantage of the Filemaker connection which seems to be the only sync option Bento provides?

October 15, 2013 at 2:46 AM #6936

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ricky,

It doesn’t look like Bento for iPhone has any kind of import or export functionality. I guess they thought you would have to use Bento for Mac to do that. I didn’t even have a Mac app before when I first released Tap Forms for iPhone way back in 2008, so I had to build in a CSV importer and exporter.

I’m not sure how you could get your data out of Bento for iPhone other than first syncing to the Mac version of Bento. Either that or digging into the phone using a tool like iExplorer to extract out the Bento SQLite database file. But then you’d have to do manual SQL queries against it using a tool like SQLite Manager.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM #6941

rickyrikki
    Participant

Thanks. As I figured, no “easy” way. I remember buying the Bento and Tapforms apps at the same time. I preferred the Bento interface so I entered a ton of information before I realized that there was simply not going to be a Bento or Filemaker for windows that I could sync/save the information to.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.