Batch editing…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

So Tapforms seems great so far, but batch editing seems almost non existent. I read that people have been asking for it as far back as 2014, so… would it be right to assume it’s just never going to be added?

I ask because I was putting together a simple packing checklist and realised there was no way (especially on iOS) to uncheck all of the checkboxes I have, to say an item is packed once I want to use the list again. There are many other reasons to use batch editing.

I can see it’s almost possible on the Mac with Find/Replace, but I can’t seem to toggle checkboxes with that. The manual seems really light on information (and am I right that there’s no manual for iOS?) so trying to figure things out is a little crazy at times.

July 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM #23724

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

Also I should add that I tried searching and replacing True and Fasle’, 1 and 2, Yes and No, to change the Checkmark status. In the filter it says a Checkmark box is Yes or No, so I used that in the replace.

Then I got confused, because filtering for checked gave me both records, even though one was marked as unchecked. It turns out you have a bug- the Find and Replace worked but didn’t visually update the Checkmark, even after closing and reopening the app.

July 16, 2017 at 1:59 AM #23725

Leo
    Participant

Hi,

in short:

use multicolumn view on the Mac and you can change every cell jus as in excel.

Works even with checkmarks

July 16, 2017 at 3:27 AM #23726

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

This doesn’t seem to work in a batch edit sense. How are you achieving this?

EDIT: Oh I see. The old drag copy method. A bit clunky (or a lot clunky) but it works. Thanks!

July 18, 2017 at 7:07 PM #23729

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

There’s also a Fill Up/Down function which you can use in lieu of the drag copy method.

July 18, 2017 at 7:11 PM #23730

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, and for Find & Replace for checkmarks, use 0 or 1 as the value.

July 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM #23733

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

Hmm, I’m sure I tried 0 and 1… I’ll try again.

Can I ask though, what do you mean by function? (in the context of Tapforms :))

July 18, 2017 at 10:52 PM #23734

Brendan
    Keymaster

The Fill Up/Down function is just a command in the Edit menu. You would click a cell on the multi-column list view, then shift-select a cell either above or below that cell and click on it. Then select the Fill command. Tap Forms will copy the value of the first selected cell to the other selected cells.

July 18, 2017 at 11:56 PM #23735

Joel Blackwell
    Participant

Really? Wow… I’m not sure how I missed that one. Thanks!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.