Basic Questions regarding making simple forms.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Basic Questions regarding making simple forms.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

nevrdun
    Participant

I’m looking for an app that will be able to basic lists ie: book lists, dvd lists , etc. I would like to be able to have them be alphabetized , be able to set genres, and add fields such as actors for DVDs or authors for books so I may quickly pull up either heading and see my list. I realize this is a basic function compared to what you offer but nowhere can I find out if this can be done. Optimal would be for me to make these lists on word and import to my iphone . Can you help a newbie out?

February 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM #4446

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Nevrdun,

Sure, Tap Forms can do this. You can easily customize any form to meet your needs or create a new one from scratch. You could also use a program like Excel to create a table of values that you can import into Tap Forms. The file must be saved from Excel as a CSV file with the first row being a header row which would contain the labels for each of the fields you would like in Tap Forms.

For example, you could have a header that looks like:

Movie Name<text>,Year<number>,Release Date<date>,Actors<note>,Synopsis<note>

and so on…

The tags you see there will tell Tap Forms what field type to use during the import process. However, they are optional and will default to text if not specified. Everything before the tag will be used for the field title name.

There’s a user guide on my support page which can get you started: https://www.tapforms.com/support

Thanks!

Brendan

February 20, 2011 at 4:53 AM #4447

harringg
    Participant

@nevrdun

I’m a new user of TapForms too and it will do everything you ask and more.

I’ve setup a template using Excel and have moved large amounts of data into TapForms.

Some advice from my getting used to it.

1. Make sure you set your Excel spreadsheet format to match the date and time columns (if you use them) with the settings under Tools>Import & Export Settings

Example

TapForms: Time Format hh:mm a

Excel: hh:mm AM/PM

2. Import using the actual Form, NOT from the Files>Import Open your Form, using the icon in the top right corner, choose Import from there.

February 20, 2011 at 5:15 AM #4448

nevrdun
    Participant

Thanks so much! Very helpful info . Just bought the app and plan and trying to get the hang of it. A little more effort than I wanted as I will have to relearn excel but hopefully it won’t be too bad.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.