barcode scanning hanging with ios7

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

maxmesulius
    Participant

Greetings,

Has anyone else had TapForms hang while it accesses the iPhone camera for the purposes of barcode scanning? It seems to be an intermittent issue that improved somewhat when I disabled a number of ios7 “features” that were undoubtedly consuming CPU resources. Nevertheless, I am left with the impression that ios7 is reluctant to share the camera with TapForms on an iPhone 4S. If I leave it long enough, the camera will eventually show up although it can be more than a minute, requiring that one touch the screen intermittently to prevent autolock. If you access the camera app and return to TapForms, barcode scanning will not be delayed. For a while. I wonder if there is some other background app that is competing with TapForms for the camera specifically? I have largely disabled most background app “updating”. Is there a programatic way to elevate TapForms priority for camera access within its ios sandbox? Or am I the only one having this issue?

September 29, 2013 at 1:33 AM #6794

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Max,

I have noticed this too. It seems to get slower the more time you access the barcode scanner. This is something I am investigating and will hopefully be able to come up with a fix. I use the open-source Zbar barcode scanning library. I may need to change it to the iOS 7 scanning library, but I’m not sure if that scans as many barcode formats as Zbar does.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM #6872

maxmesulius
    Participant

Fixed with this latest update! Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.