Automatic patient ID

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

gzamba
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

is it possible to create an automatic auto increasing unique patient ID that contains letters and numbers?
    for example something like
    ABC0000001, ABC0000002, etc
    furthermore, can this be used as a unique identifier for a particular record?

December 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM #8145

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi gzamba,

There’s an auto-increment feature for Number fields, but not for Text fields.

It’s not used as a unique identifier. The only unique identifier is the internal identifier that Tap Forms generates, which is a globally unique random series of letters and numbers separated by dashes. I had to do it that way to support iCloud syncing so there would be no collisions in the primary keys.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM #8153

gzamba
    Participant

Is it possible to join two fields?
    I could have a text field with the prefix that I want (i.e. ABC) and a numeric auto-increment field (i.e. 000001 etc) and join them together after the creation of each record to provide the combined text-number serial that I need…

Could this be done?

December 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM #8158

Brendan
    Keymaster

Not at the moment, but I’m exploring ways that I can offer this ability. Ultimately I’d like to be able to add a concatenate function to the Calculation field. At the moment the calculation field can only perform mathematical operations and return a Number, not a String.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.