Apply a simple annotation on a printing layout shared on several records

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Apply a simple annotation on a printing layout shared on several records

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

iorbita
    Participant

Hello,
    is it possible to have the same print layout that is independent from one record to another?

Let me explain. I have several recordings and a unique print layout. Sometimes I need to add just a simple annotation on this print layout, the problem is that annotation is reported on each layout in all recordings which makes this approach very restrictive and very annoying, in other words it’s impossible to apply a simple annotation on a printing layout shared on several records.

How to work around on this?

Many thanks,

Lorenzo

March 15, 2019 at 7:32 PM #34006

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Lorenzo,

If you add a static Text object to your custom layout, then the same text could appear on every record in your form on that custom layout. Use the A button at the top-right of the layout inspector panel, then drag out a rectangle on the custom layout. Then type whatever you want into the text object. It will appear on all your records. Perfect for things like adding your company’s address to an invoice, etc.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 17, 2019 at 3:41 PM #34026

iorbita
    Participant

Hello Brendan and thank you for the reply :)
    I’m afraid you didn’t understand my question, it’s exactly the opposite I want to do, I want to add a static text only on some record in my form on that print layout… is it possible?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

March 18, 2019 at 2:17 AM #34031

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

You would have to add a field to your form and fill in the field with the data you want to appear on some of your records. Static text objects are displayed on every record.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.