Apple Watch Question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

I have been using TF on the Apple Watch. Very useful!

Sometimes it seems to work very well. I like the voice search! Other times it just sits there with a taunting black screen :-) Not quite sure why.

One thing that does seem to help is to have TF running on the iPhone at the time. The iPhone screen can be off, but it seems that TF on the iPhone needs to be running.

Is that the case?

And what does the swirling TF icon mean? Some Watch Apps sometimes show their icon with a swirling circle. (Kinda like the Mac’s beach ball) What’s that mean? Connection issue? App crash? “Wait, last input ignored?”

May 11, 2017 at 12:33 PM #23086

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve noticed that too. I’m not sure what’s causing that because I’ve completely removed Tap Forms from memory on my phone (swiping up from the multi-tasking switcher) and then launched the app on the Apple Watch and it works just fine. But other times it just stares at me with the blank Forms list until I launch the app.

When you launch the Watch app, the OS will tell the phone to launch Tap Forms on it in the background.

As for the spinner, that’s not me doing that. I think it’s just the OS establishing a communication session with the iPhone.

May 11, 2017 at 4:41 PM #23093

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Wild guess then, the iPhone is likely not running TF correctly in the background, though the failure/reason is not consistent.

I had TF open on the iPhone all day, no issue. Quit TF, and TF Watch still worked OK.

Yesterday I had to launch TF on the iPhone to get it to work.

If I see any pattern, I’ll let you know.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.