All records printing

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Rafael Roa
    Participant

I can’t find a way of printing a list of all records in a form including some of all of their data.

Is there a way to do that?

January 17, 2021 at 10:30 AM #43204

Gregory martin
    Participant

I am pretty sure (happily be corrected here), that there is no reporting mechanism in TapForms. It is a single table data collection tool rather like dBase or Foxpro and while it does have one2many capabilities it has no “list records” function as such, although you could do this in a Script.

I personally use the export and then analyse my research in Excel. This does mean having to join my relationships again of course, and I am considering Report Studio for iMac to help with this, but it is a touch pricey just for now.

January 17, 2021 at 11:18 AM #43207

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Tap Forms on Mac has the ability to print a table of records and field values, it has a full page mode leveraging a default layout to print individual records plus custom layouts allow the ability to have more control over your layouts. It’s not without limitations around link to form fields but for relatively simple and concise use cases it works.

Tap Forms on iOS doesn’t to my knowledge support printing but as noted by @gregmartin you can export data out and use other tooling like Excel to print data.

@gregmartin
    If you’re looking to do more complicated reporting, the Pentaho Reporting platform might help you. I believe there is still an open source version of it that might provide the tooling you need without any cost. If you’re using CouchDB, you can checkout my TFTools project on GitHub that provides scripts for working with CouchDB when used as a sync system for Tap Forms. The ElasticSearch one shows how you can map TF records onto an ElasticSearch document. That could be updated to work with a more traditional database that SQL powered reporting tools can work against though you’d have to deal with mapping the link fields. You could synthesise tables from forms or leave the basic unified content model/content construction kit architecture in place to just map each record type (record, form, link, etc) to a table.

January 17, 2021 at 1:59 PM #43212

Rafael Roa
    Participant

I think that adding this possibilities to the iOS version or to the iPadOS version would be very appreciated to every postPc user which is my case.

Thanks for your great work.

January 17, 2021 at 3:03 PM #43214

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I should clarify you can print individual records on iOS but I don’t think you can do the table as per the OP.

January 17, 2021 at 3:17 PM #43216

Rafael Roa
    Participant

Yes, I know that you can print individual records. But it would be nice to have the ability to customize the view and print every record at once for time saving.

January 17, 2021 at 9:03 PM #43224

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rafael,

I haven’t implemented the same kind of advanced printing features in the iOS version. So there’s no ability to print multiple records at a time on the iOS version. But yes, the Mac version can.

THanks,

Brendan

January 22, 2021 at 1:15 AM #43269

Rafael Roa
    Participant

And are you planning to add this functionality? Thanks

January 22, 2021 at 2:37 AM #43271

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rafael,

It’s something I may add in a future upgrade. But it’s not next on my list. I’m currently busy with other Tap Forms development tasks.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.