Additional Licenses

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

John Harris
    Participant

Hi there,

I recently upgraded from the trial to a licensed copy of TF. Now I want to add another iMac to the license. I don’t think I was given the option of a two work station version when I upgraded. Do I have to pay the full price? Also – I also want to purchase licenses for two additional iPads.
    What is the smartest way of doing this?

With thanks – John

December 4, 2015 at 10:02 PM #15410

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Just install it on your other iMac and use the same license key. You should be good to go. As long as they’re your own computers it’s no problem. If you’re purchasing for other people outside of your household, then they should purchase their own licenses.

For the iPads, just purchase it on the App Store and install it on each of your own iPads using your own Apple ID account. You’re allowed to install it on all the devices you personally own.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 5, 2015 at 3:40 AM #15411

John Harris
    Participant

Fantastic – Thanks Brendan.

One thing I am still having trouble with is . . . when I create a new form I am not seeing the dialog box (attached). It’s just not showing. Same problem as before – even on the Youtube you have this dialog box.

In 3.0 – when I create a new form should this form appear? On my system it’s not. I’m not sure if
    1) i have a bug (very unlikely)]
    2) the manuals are wrong
    3) something is disabled
    4) I’m going crackers

I can’t really set up the relational side of the database without this dialog box can I?
    I am now viewing the user guide for 3.0

Cheers – John :)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 5, 2015 at 6:44 AM #15414

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Hi John,

Pardon me for jumping in here, but I think that screenshot is from an earlier version of Tap Forms.

The current version does not have a separate dialog box for this. All of those controls are now available in a panel that slides out from the right side of the main Tap Forms window, as in the screenshot I’ve attached. The panel appears when you click the Form button in the toolbar. Click the button again to hide the panel.

hope that helps…

Cliff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 5, 2015 at 8:19 AM #15418

John Harris
    Participant

Cliff – The 3.0 manual is fundamentally wrong – right? I mean, the new process for creating a table is actually showing the old way of doing things. There is no up to date user guide for FT in fact.
    This is what I’ve been confused about all along.

I understand now and I guess I’ll work around it – but it’s a hassle because relational databases are not easy to conceptualize – and things need to be clear for dummies like me. I’m probably not the only one who is confused.

John

December 5, 2015 at 1:26 PM #15420

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

John,

Yes it looks like the 3.0 manual is out of date in terms of some of the screenshots. I’m sure that can be confusing for a lot of people. If I had to guess, I’d say the change in this instance was meant to conform to the latest evolution of what is thought to be Mac-like, i.e., to be more Yosemite/El Capitan -like.

Once you get that the controls haven’t really changed, just that they are in a different location, I think you shouldn’t have any more trouble. It’s sort of the iPadification of the Mac: all in one window with panels, fewer separate dialogs. But it still works as described in the manual.

Cliff

December 5, 2015 at 3:24 PM #15421

John Harris
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

From my experience most developers prefer to work on features rather than the documentation. This happens everywhere. But this is not an arcane element of the system – it’s how to create a form for goodness sake.

Great to see there is help on the forum – on on. And thank you.

John

December 5, 2015 at 4:46 PM #15422

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Glad I could help, John

December 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM #15424

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Ya, those screenshots I need to update for the Relationship chapter. But the screenshots for creating a new form are up-to-date.

Try this link to the online manual for creating a new form:

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/3/en/topic/creating-a-new-form

Sorry for the confusion. I’ll get those Relationship chapter screenshots updated soon.

And you’re right, I’m generally more focused on development than writing user manuals. That’s an area I need improvement on definitely.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.