Adding a new iOS device

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Bradley
    Participant

I hope you can help me with this issue. I recently bought an iPad mini and during the initial iCloud sync with my existing tapforms database it managed to rearrange forms, remove/change many form categories and delete custom form icons (and probably other things I haven’t noticed yet). This new ‘updated’ database was then synced to the cloud by the mini and has carried over to my other devices. I have since deleted the app on the mini and now have a big rearranging job to do.
    Is there a way to ensure that I can add the new device to my system without this happening? Thanks in advance.

January 30, 2020 at 2:55 PM #39396

Sally Curry
    Participant

I shall be adding TapForms to my iPad so I want to know any replies to Tom’s question.

January 31, 2020 at 3:09 AM #39401

Brendan
    Keymaster

Get the document all setup on one device first. Then use the Send Document function to send an exact copy of the document to your other devices. Then enable sync between them.

I’m not sure why things were rearranged for you though. That’s odd.

January 31, 2020 at 4:24 AM #39404

Tom Bradley
    Participant

Hmmmmm, that’s not really working for me. As soon as I open the app on the new mini it wants to sync my data across and mess with it (even though I disabled iCloud sync on my other devices). I cannot establish a link between devices using the technique you described. I guess the mini won’t be part of the gang…..which is a pity

January 31, 2020 at 9:32 PM #39407

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If you have a good copy of your document, you can have Tap Forms delete the version off iCloud and then use “Send Document” to send that good document to your other devices and re-enable iCloud sync from your original device.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.