Access Values from a Table Field

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hello I was trying to plot a histogram of the averages generated by the table field. I can’t do this, but is there a way to read these values in a script, then in theory you could have these as a separate field and plot that?
    thanks

August 29, 2022 at 10:30 AM #47860

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Yes you can do that.

On the Script Editor screen, select a field from your Table field from the Fields list on the left. Then double-click on the Child Records Loop Snippet at the bottom-left.

Tap Forms will write the code for you that will loop through the records of the Table field and extract out the value from the selected field. Now you can write code to set those values to fields on the parent record if you like.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 29, 2022 at 11:51 AM #47861

Richard
    Participant

Great, thanks Brendan.
    …looks like it does EXACTLY what I need. I am not successfully getting this to write the output to the desired field, without quitting and quitting/restarting the application. I guess I am missing a “refresh” button? THANKS!!
    Best Wishes
    Richard

August 30, 2022 at 2:30 AM #47862

Richard
    Participant

…and to close the “loop” on this one Brendan; just adding a “form save all changes” to the script sorted that update thing for me.
    THANKS!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.