Pick Lists are convenient lists of values that you can use on any Text or Number field in any form. You can even share the same Pick Lists between different forms and fields. You can create single select pick lists or multi-select pick lists. They both show the same information but multi-select pick lists allow you to select more than one value at a time. Single select pick lists allow you to select only a single value at a time.
To manage your Pick Lists:
- Click on the Tap Forms menu.
- Click on the Preferences menu item.
- Click on the Lists button.
- Click on the Pick Lists button.
To add a new Pick List, click the + button at the bottom-left of the popover. Click the checkbox in the multi-select column to make the new Pick List a multi-select Pick List. A multi-select pick list will allow you to select more than one value to assign to a field.
To add a new value to the selected Pick List, click the + button beneath the values list.
If you have lots of values to add to a Pick List, it would be much quicker to click the Add Values… button and type your new values into the popover that is displayed. You can even paste values into the popover if you already have a list of values on your clipboard.
To associate a Pick List with a field:
- Click the form you want to edit.
- Click the Form button in the toolbar.
- Click the Fields tab.
- Click the field that you’d like to assign the Pick List to.
- Scroll to the bottom of the properties for the selected field and click the Pick List popup button.
- Select the Pick List from the popup button.
You will now see the pick list button appear next to the field in the Default Layout, your custom layouts, and the multi-column list view.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.