Today Tap Forms 5.2.1 has been released to the world. From here on forward in this post I'll just call it Tap Forms 5.2.
Tap Forms 5.2 represents months of work to provide you with some cool new features.
What's New in 5.2
- iOS 11 support.
- The Bento Template Import function now supports importing the Bento Simple List field type (macOS only).
- Import Contacts from Apple Contacts directly into a special Contacts form in Tap Forms (macOS only).
- New Table field type. Now you can create simple tables that don't require creating a separate form. This is useful for storing multiple values within a single field within your form. For example, the new Import Contacts function uses a Table field to store multi-valued fields such as email addresses, phone numbers, social media accounts, and addresses.
- New Join option for a Link to Form's Link Type property. With the Join Link Type you can now connect forms together using a match field between a parent form and a child form. For example, if you had an Order form and an Order Items form, Tap Forms can automatically display a list of Order Item records for a given Order if the Order and Order Items records both have the same Order Number field value.
- Drag and Drop between Tap Forms and other apps on iOS 11 on iPad. You can now drag a photo from Tap Forms to the Photos app. You can also drag a photo from the Photos app into a Photo field inside Tap Forms. You can also drag files from the Apple Files app into the Files area in Tap Forms.
- Support for many new functions in the formula editor for the Calculation field type. There are new functions for formatting dates and numbers and performing other operations on text values. On the iOS version the list of functions is also now displayed when you tap on the fx button.
- Improvements to the iCloud sync function to prevent some of the error messages customers had been receiving during syncing.
That's it for now.