I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Tap Forms 5.1!
Tap Forms 5.1 has been in the works since I released Tap Forms 5.0. One of the most requested features was to bring back iCloud sync. So that's what I've done. Using Apple's CloudKit services, Tap Forms 5.1 now allows you to sync your documents between your devices using your iCloud account.
Tap Forms 5.1 is a free update for all Tap Forms 5.0 customers!
- iCloud sync and Apache CouchDB sync support was added to the Sync Settings screen in addition to IBM Cloudant and Nearby sync.
- Greatly improved VoiceOver support.
- Touch Bar support for MacBook Pros.
- Import, Export, and Print Presets allow you to save and quickly retrieve different sets of settings.
- All new formula editor screen for Calculation fields.
- Formulas can now reference fields from related parent and child linked forms.
- You can now use text fields in the IFEMPTY() and IFNOTEMPTY() functions in your formulas.
- New DATE() function allows you to specify how you want a date to be formatted in a formula's result.
- With a Saved Search selected, exporting a Tap Forms Archive will now export only the records that were displayed.
- Pressing option-Return on the multi-column list view will now put that cell into edit mode.
- The Select Fields popover on the multi-column list view can now be changed for each saved search. So you can have different fields displayed depending on the selected search.
- The Select Fields popover now allows you to rearrange the order of fields displayed on the multi-column list view independently of the order of the fields in the form.
- Added Duplicate Document function to main Database Documents window.
- Added "New Document" function to the File menu.
- Geo coordinates are now displayed below the location title on the record details view.
- Photos on the record details screen can now be sorted based upon the photos' filenames.
- The text size can now be changed on the multi-column list view.
- Bulk Font Changes: you can now change the font in a Note field across all records in the form.
- A power failure could cause the document's internal SQLite database file to become corrupted.
- The wrong records were bring printed when the Photo Grid View was selected.
- Multi-column list view was not displaying when you created a new form and switched to that view unless you dragged down the divider line to reveal it.
- And last but not least... fixes for other broken stuff.